We Buy Houses In Bridgeport Connecticut. In line with what we do as homebuyers in Bridgeport CT, we know that millions of homes across the country going into foreclosure. With that said, it is important for both Bridgeport home buyers and mortgage holders to understand the foreclosure process.
So What Is A Pre-Foreclosure In Bridgeport CT Anyway?
Many homeowners across America and Bridgeport are facing difficulties in making their monthly mortgage payments. When a homeowner misses 3-6 months of mortgage payments, the lending institution will issue a warning, notifying the homeowner to pay or lose their home. This period is known as “pre-foreclosure.”
Banks and mortgage lenders typically provide three months for the homeowner to become current. Of course, this number can vary by bank and situation sometimes.
If a homeowner fails to make the necessary payments, the bank will foreclose on the home, assuming ownership, and evict the homeowner. Thankfully, during this stage of the foreclosure process, a mortgage holder has the opportunity to take advantage of several options to prevent losing their home.
Pre-Foreclosure Options For Borrowers In Connecticut
If you’re behind on mortgage payments, you’re likely to receive a “notice of default” from your mortgage lender.
This document will state that you have not made mortgage payments for the last 90-180 days. It’s important not to panic.
You have options that can delay or even prevent losing your home:
- If your mortgage is “above water,” (meaning you have equity in your property) you may be able to refinance your mortgage, receiving lower monthly payments. Check with your local Bridgeport mortgage broker… or contact us and we can connect you with a reputable one.
- You may be able to quickly sell your home to a real estate investor that’s reputable in Bridgeport like us at House Offers Quick, using the cash acquired to pay the months of back-payments owed (or we *may* be able to work out something with the lender that relieves all or part of your back payments. We can purchase your Bridgeport CT area home quickly, often in just a week or two, will pay in cash, and takes the stress out of trying to find a buyer.
- You can contact the bank and ask them to permit a short sale. In a short sale, you’ll sell your house in Bridgeport CT for less than it’s worth, and the bank will take the loss as a tax write-off. In some short sales, you may still be required to pay the difference to the bank if the property doesn’t sell for what is owed on the loan.
- You may be able to declare bankruptcy, which can buy you time to pay your debt. Bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for years and can cause significant damage.
Lenders are very much aware of the widespread financial troubles across the country and they’re
willing to work with borrowers a lot of the time. If you’re honest and communicate with your lender, you’ll often find that there are options that will allow you to remain in your home, or at least salvage your credit rating.
A foreclosure process can often negatively affect your credit score by 200-400 points and can prevent you from obtaining a loan of any sort for 5-7 years, so be very dutiful if you’ve received a Notice of Default from your lender.
But if you’re not able to find a solution with your lender working directly with them… connect with us. We may be able to help.
Ways We Can Help If You’re In Pre-Foreclosure In Bridgeport
- We can potentially help with a short sale – Submit your info on this website so we can evaluate your situation to see if we can help.
- We can buy your Bridgeport area property – We buy properties in Bridgeport and would love to make you an all-cash offer on your property too. Just fill out the form here to get started >>
- You can ask us questions and we can provide you FREE guidance and resources so you can make a well-educated decision. This costs you nothing, there’s absolutely no pressure, no obligation… just free guidance without a catch.
Sell My House In Bridgeport CT
If you’re in the pre-foreclosure stage, you’ve still got time to fix this situation. Just connect with your bank to see if they’re willing to work with you. You can contact us instead if you’d like to see what we can purchase your property for or to tap into our free foreclosure foreclosure resources. We at House Offers Quick offers a hassle-free and agent-free service. We offer cash for houses in Bridgeport CT and we will make the process simple so you can quickly sell your house in CT area and move on.